Dr. MICHAEL JAZAYERI
Dr. Michael Jazayeri joins the Plastic Surgery Institute as a Board Certified Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgeon. Dr. Jazayeri graduated from University of California, Irvine earning Magna cum Laude honors during his time there. Thereafter, he studied medicine at the University of Southern California and later completed five years of surgical training at University of Illinois-Chicago. Following his training in Chicago, he spent a year serving at the Shriners Hospital of Los Angeles, where he worked with children suffering from severe burns. There he earned substantial experience in scar revision and tissue expansion, and through his extensive work with children, began earn a reputation for patient care that is among the best in his field.
Following his time with Shriners, Dr. Jazayeri spent three additional years undergoing extension training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at St. Francis Memorial Hospital in San Francisco as well as the Medical College of Ohio.
While Dr. Jazayeri stays current with the latest techniques of cosmetic surgery, he applies careful study and review of any technique’s safety and effectiveness before incorporating into his practice. Patient care and advocacy are paramount for Dr. Jazayeri, and understanding and vetting new techniques is a critical part of said care.
RESIDENCY & FELLOWSHIPS
- General Surgery Residency - University of Illinois – Chicago, Illinois
- Research Fellowship - University of Southern California – Los Angeles, CA
- Burn Fellowship – CookCountyHospital – Chicago, Illinois
- Burn Reconstruction Fellowship – ShrinersHospital – Los Angeles, CA
- Plastic Surgery Residency - Saint Francis Memorial Hospital – San Francisco, CA
- Plastic Surgery Residency - MedicalCollege of Ohio
SOCIETIES – MEMBERSHIPS – AFFILIATIONS
- Certified – American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Member – American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Orange County Medical Association
- Former Clinical Assistant Professor, Division of Plastic Surgery – University of California, Irvine
- HoagMemorialHospital – Newport Beach, CA
- IrvineMedicalCenter – Irvine, CA
- WesternMedicalCenter – Santa Ana, CA
- St. JosephHospital – Orange, CA