The Plastic Surgery Institute of California is pleased to offer a new surgical weight loss option from ORBERA®. ORBERA® is a weight loss program designed to help you achieve short term and long term weight loss goals. ORBERA® is a two-part weight loss program designed to help you to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Long-lasting weight loss and overall health is much more achievable with ORBERA®’s gastric balloon technology, healthy diet, personalized exercise plan, support team and access to an available online after-care program. It has been shown that patients can lose up to 3x the weight with ORBERA®’s weight loss system than with just diet and exercise alone.
What is ORBERA™?
* Comprehensive two-part program providing effective, motivating results that you can see. With ORBERA™ patients on average lose 3.1 times the weight than they would with diet and exercise alone
* The process begins with a soft balloon being placed in your stomach for six months to reinforce proper portion control.
* The ORBERA balloon take up space in your stomach helps you eat smaller meals.
* The balloon is temporary and placed in your stomach for six months without surgery or any incisions
* Patients should receive coaching from a team of experts, which may include a dietician, psychologist, and exercise physiologist
* Coaching and consultations should continue after balloon is removed
The Procedure: Placement & Removal
* Non-surgical procedure done under a mild sedative, the thin and deflated ORBERA™ balloon is placed into the stomach. It is then filled with saline until it’s about the size of a grapefruit. The procedure typically takes about 20-30 minutes so you can go home the very same day
* At six months, the balloon is removed in the same way it was placed. Through a non-surgical procedure done under a mild sedative, it is deflated first then removed
What to Expect
* The weight loss is rapid with the majority of weight loss typically occurring in the first three months of treatment
* On average patients lost 3.1 times the weight loss of diet and exercise alone
* The adjustments to your eating habits and your continued efforts to stay active will greatly influence your results
To Qualify for ORBERA™, You Should:
* Be an adult
* Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 to 40
* Be willing to participate in a medically supervised program
1. Directions For Use (DFU). ORBERA™ Intragastric Balloon System (ORBERA™). Austin, TX: Apollo Endosurgery, Inc.